Mon 28 Jun 2010
Ah, week 100, I did notice this milestone coming up last week and thought that I should do something special for it. Unfortunately I then forgot. I’ve actually had a fairly quiet week of getting my head down and working so I don’t really have much to report. Maybe I’ll make 128 the milestone instead or 104 as that would be my 2 year anniversary. Or probably I just won’t worry about such things.
So, this week I spent all 5 days working on the new client iPhone app. After my good progress last week I managed to get the essential functionality completed by Tuesday and so I compiled a list of things I’d missed on the first pass or bugs I’d found, and started working through it. I made good progress on some bits but had a few issues working with the client’s API for one call so ended up spending more time than I was expecting on that. It all boiled down to accessing an API call on a different server which had a different OAuth implementation. It looks like they have a slight bug in their implementation that meant I had to be very careful about the order of my URL parameters. I managed to get that sorted though and sent a version of the app over for them to try out on Friday night.
I’ve got plenty of things to work on today but hopefully they won’t be as tricky as that last task. Today is in theory the last scheduled day I’ve got on this app but it looks like I’ll definitely be spending a little more time tidying up the loose ends. I finally got sign off for the other client app I was working on weeks ago so I’ll be going straight onto that one as soon as I can.